- Adults (16+) – Monday 5th and Wednesday 7th September at 7:30pm
- Children – Saturday 10th September at 2.00 pm
- Adults – Monday and Wednesday evenings 7:30pm – 10:00pm from 12th September.
- Children – Saturdays 2:30-4:30 pm from 17th September
- We will also have 2/3 Sunday rehearsals prior to the show
- ………and full commitment in the week before we go up please!
- Friday 9th December 7:30pm
- Saturday 10th December 2:30pm and 6:30 pm
- Sunday 11th December 2:30 pm
- Thursday 15th December 7:30pm
- Friday 16th December 7:30pm
- Saturday 17th December 2:30pm and 6:30 pm
Following the success of Cinderella in December 2019, the QMT’s first pantomime in many years, we are delighted to have been asked back to direct this year’s panto. Dick Whittington is a tale known and loved by children everywhere, and follows one young man’s attempt to make a better life for himself. Along the way he meets the love of his life, new friends, and of course his wonderful cat. However, the evil King Rat attempts to thwart his plans to make something of himself by framing Dick as the villain of the piece. Will good triumph over evil? Will King Rat end up paying the price for his wrong doings? Will the cast learn the songs and dances (it’s just walking) in time for opening night? Of course they will – this is pantomime!
- Dick Whittington (M/F) our hero with a heart of gold going to London to seek his fortune. Strong singer
- Alice Fitzwarren (F) the leading female and love interest. Daughter of Alderman Fitzwarren and the apple of his eye. Also the object of Dick’s desires. Strong singer
- Alderman Fitzwarren (M) Wealthy London shopkeeper, Alice’s father.
- King Rat (M/F) the baddy – has a song, but more important they can portray the character
- Fairy of the Bells (F) has a song, again more about the character
- Idle Jack (M/F) – needs good comic timing and rapport with the audience, has a song
- Sarah the cook (M) – the Dame.
- Captain McBoatface (M/F) – Captain of the Alderman’s ship, half of the comedy duo
- Master Bob (M/F) – first mate to the Captain and other half of the comedy duo
- Plus an ensemble of Londoners / Ships Crew / Islanders of all ages who can smile – singing and dancing is also required.
Directors: Richard and Dee Lovelock
Choreographer: Sarah Albert
Musical Director: TBC