The Bancroft Players and the running of The Queen Mother Theatre is primarily managed by a dedicated team of members and volunteers. Since it started in 1945 and especially since the theatre was built and opened in 1983 the need for active volunteers to help in many areas of the theatre has increased.
We are currently looking for a number of key roles to help with the running of vital parts of the theatre and we hope you will be able to help.
The current volunteer vacancies are:
- Hiring Manager – The main role of the hiring manager is to liase with external organisations who wish to use the various spaces in the theatre for their own use. Then to liase with the necessary departments within the theatre to ensure the booking is made and all the facilities are ready.
- Diary Co-ordinator – The main role of the diary co-ordinator is to manage the use of the various spaces within the theatre to help with rehearsals and performances of Bancroft Player productions and also the external hiring companies who might also be using the theatre for their own use, to ensure the smooth running of the theatre.
- Coffee Shop Manager – The role of the Coffee Shop Manager is to ensure the smooth running of our Tea and Coffee kiosk, ensuring the stock is ordered to meet the needs of the productions, managing the rota of coffee shop volunteers and the recruitment and training of coffee shop volunteers when additional resources are needed.
- Steward Co-ordinator – The role of the Steward Co-ordinator is to ensure each production has the required stewards to meet our health and safety obligations by managing the rota of steward volunteers and the recruitment and training of new steward volunteers when additional resources are needed.
- House Manager Leader– The role of the House Manager Leader is to ensure each performance has a House Manager present by managing a rota of House Managers and the recruitment and training of new House Manager volunteers as additional resources are needed.