Covid-Secure Productions at The QMT
We are pleased to open our doors to the public again and have worked hard to make adjustments to the QMT and make the venue Covid-secure, carefully following government guidelines for performing arts as they apply to indoor performances. Here are just a few key changes that will keep you safe and comfortable during your visit.
***UPDATED – Monday 19th July 2021***
- If you are showing any signs of being unwell, please do not attend the performance. Refunds are being given. Please email with your booking reference.
- All our bookings will need to be in advance via our website no later than 6pm on the day of the performance
- We ask you to arrive no more than 30 minutes before the start of the performance
- Your temperature may be quickly checked at the entrance
- We will continue to have clearly marked one-way system through the theatre for entering and exiting the auditorium and stewards are on hand to find your way to your seat
- We are working to open our bar and coffee shop and also to allow for pre-ordering online, but until this time it is with great regret that we cannot open the bar or coffee shop for the moment.
- There are plenty of hand-sanitiser stations in the foyer and the auditorium
- While face-masks are no longer required by law, during your time in the theatre, both the foyer and the auditorium we would ask you to continue to wear your mask for the protection and safety of other customers and our team of volunteers and actors. With brief exceptions when you are drinking. We do understand some people may be exempt from wearing a mask, so please inform us when you arrive if this exemption applies to you.
- We have limited the number of seats in our spacious auditorium and laid them out to ensure social distancing.
- Rows and seats are clearly numbered, and stewards will help you to find your seat.
- Intensive extra cleaning of all surface areas is in place to keep the QMT hygienically clean.
- One person can still only buy up to 6 tickets.
Please follow our guidelines on social distancing and hand hygiene to ensure the safety of our volunteers and the audience.