Covid-Secure Productions at The QMT
We are pleased to open our doors to the public again and have worked hard to make adjustments to the QMT and make the venue Covid-secure, carefully following government guidelines for performing arts as they apply to indoor performances. Here are just a few key changes that will keep you safe and comfortable during your visit.
- All our bookings will need to be in advance via our website no later than 5pm on the day of the performance
- We ask you to arrive no more than 30 minutes before the start of the performance
- Your temperature may be quickly checked at the entrance
- We have introduced clearly marked one-way system through the theatre for entering and exiting the auditorium and stewards are on hand to find your way to your seat
- **Updated** The latest government rules say that drinks can only be ordered and served at tables. As we cannot accommodate tables in the auditorium and foyer in a safe way, it is with great regret that we cannot open the bar or coffee shop for the moment.
- There are plenty of hand-sanitiser stations in the foyer and the auditorium
- Face-masks are required by law at all times during your time in the theatre, both the foyer and the auditorium. With brief exceptions when you are drinking. We do understand some people may be exempt from wearing a mask, so please inform us when you arrive if this exemption applies to you.
- We have limited the number of seats in our spacious auditorium and laid them out to ensure social distancing.
- Rows and seats are clearly numbered, and stewards will help you to find your seat.
- Intensive extra cleaning of all surface areas is in place to keep the QMT hygienically clean.
While the government has announced that the limit on social gatherings has been reduced from 30 to 6, this change in the law does not affect performances at The QMT, as we operate in a Covid Secure way.
One person can buy up to 6 tickets but you must ensure that your group does not consist of no more more than two households or support bubbles.
Please follow our guidelines on social distancing and hand hygiene to ensure the safety of our volunteers and the audience.