Large cast needed for QMT Christmas show
This adaptation for the stage of C.S. Lewis’s classic story for children is full of opportunities for creating larger-than-life characters, for physical theatre and, above all, for staging a magical show that will appeal to families in the run-up to Christmas.
Performances are split across two weekends, to maximise matinee and early evening shows, and finish well before the Christmas rush so the company can enjoy the festive season.
The story follows four children, evacuated to a remote country house in 1939, who stumble across a wardrobe gateway to a strange world: Narnia, a land of creatures both animal and mythological. However, the evil White Witch has cast a spell to create everlasting winter and the children find themselves in a fight to the death against her powerful forces.
There are approximately 50 characters in the script, but several of these will be played by a busy and energetic ensemble. Some of the more exotic beasts will be puppets, so there is an opportunity to learn and use puppetry skills. We will not be using the songs from the show, but there will be music!
The Pevensie children will be played by young adults (Similar to The Railway Children and Swallows and Amazons).
We are also looking for musicians (singers and instrumentalists) to create sound-effects and a live score, as well as accompanying some singing from the cast.
By Adrian Mitchell, from the book by C.S. Lewis, directed by Rosemary Bianchi
- Auditions: Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th September at 7.45pm
- Friday 9th and 16th December at 7.30pm,
- Saturday 10th and 17th December at 2.30 and 6.30pm
- Sunday 11th and 18th December at 2.30pm
- Rehearsals: Tuesday and Thursday nights and some Saturdays or Sundays near the show.
- Scripts: Will be behind the box office shortly.
- Contact: Rosemary Bianchi on 07979 758561 or
- Peter Pevensie: Confident, heroic, secure that as the eldest, he is the leader.
- Susan Pevensie: Sensible, generous, warmhearted.
- Edmund Pevensie: A tortured soul. A bit sneaky, one of the darker characters.
- Lucy Pevensie: The youngest and the real hero of the story. Brave, imaginative, fearless.
- Professor Kirk: Middle aged, mysterious, a bit of a ‘mad professor’.
- Mrs Macready: The housekeeper. Fierce, starchy.
- Mr Tumnus: A Faun. A strange but pleasant creature who plays a pivotal role in the action.
- Grumpskin: A very bad dwarf, right hand of the evil Witch.
- The White Witch: Beautiful but proud, cold, stern and evil through and through.
- Mr Beaver and Mrs Beaver: Heroic animals who risks their lives to save Narnia.
- Maugrim the Wolf: A great fighter and all round bad guy.
- Father Christmas: Prophet, bringer of good cheer and practical, magical presents.
- Rumblebuffin: A stone giant. That says it all.
- Aslan: A great, solemn, heroic lion.
- Ensemble Actors will play the following, all speaking roles: Ivy, Margaret and Betty, maids of Prof Kirk; Railway Porter, Air Raid Warden, Sightseers, Reindeer, Squirrels, Satyrs, Foxes, Centaurs, Unicorns, Eagles, Leopards, Ogres, Wraiths, Sprites, etc.