Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year… well it is for everyone except the miserable miserly Scrooge. He has no time for friends, family or fun, celebrating Christmas with misery and meanness rather than mistletoe and merriment. Bah Humbug! But one dark, cold Christmas Eve, Scrooge is paid a surprise visit by the ghost of Marley who tells him that he will be called upon by three spirits each of whom will take him on a magical and mysterious journey to reveal the error of his ways. But can Scrooge really change in time for Christmas day, and discover the true wonder and meaning of Christmas?
Stephen Sharkey’s adaptation of this timeless Children’s classic tale takes us on a breathless and exciting ride through the darkest night of Scrooge’s life and on to a bright new dawn on Christmas day. The action is fast paced and there are plenty of opportunities for song, dance and fun. As well as some bits that may be a little bit scary, and maybe even some work with large puppets.
This is an ensemble piece with plenty of parts for both young and old and lots of opportunity for character acting as I will be doubling up a lot of the smaller roles. The parts are as follows:
- Older male playing age can be anything above 30. The character is on stage throughout.
- A mixed group of around 6 people male/female young/old. They comment on the action in free verse, move the props around, sing and possibly dance. The Chorus are on stage most of the time. I will also be using them as the ghosts of Marley, Fagin (past), Present and Sairey (future).
- Again a mixed group of around six people male/female young/old. Lots of Character acting here as the company take on most of the roles as we travel through Scrooge’s past and present. A little singing and movement may be needed for some of the roles. Roles included are as follows:
- Miss Lemon, Elizabeth, Mrs Scrooge, Mrs Fezziwig, Belle, Mrs Cratchet, Betty, Fan, Falkner, Lucy
- Bob Cratchet, Fred, Mr Lambert, Mr Scrooge, Fezziwig, teenage Ebenezer, Richard, Alf, Wally, Topper, King
- About 6 Children, they take on the roles of John, Factory children, Young Scrooge, Fezziwig’s workers, Belle’s children, Belinda, Peter, Tiny Tim, Martha, Boy.
- A small mixed group male/female young/old. If you want to just be a part of this exciting project. The company will also be included in some ensemble scenes.
Alison Hudson: or mobile 07751 400230